Thursday, June 19, 2014

Looking Forward to Summer

Last weekend was Father's Day and we celebrated by going out to Tristan's parent's house for dinner.
My Father in Law got a fancy new Traeger Grill and was dying to test it out on his famous Salmon Grilled on Cedar Plank.
Oh my geez it was delicious.

Calvin and I got Tristan the new Jim Henson Biography that just came out, and as exciting as it sounds, some new socks.
I know... we're WILD!
I also made sure we had a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts ready for breakfast.

Father's day was fun, but we're REALLY looking forward to this summer.
The Fourth of July in particular.

It's always, always, always been one of my very favorite holidays for several reasons:
It's 3 days after my birthday.
There are fireworks.
 Food. Beer. Smores.
And most importantly...
We get to spend time with family at our lake cabin in Montana.
Last year

I don't get to see my dad's side of the family very often and we have the most fun when we all get together.
I love our lake place so much that Tristan actually proposed to me there on the Fourth on July, right before the fireworks, in front of my entire family.

We're already gearing up and looking forward to the madness this year!

You guys know that I love to be festive for holidays!
Getting Calvin in a fun patriotic outfit for the fourth will be awesome, but I'm not into plastering him in Stars and Stripes.
I'm not going to drop my hard earned money on clothes he can't wear all summer.
So here's what I think I'm going for:

Jammies, Fedora, Hoodie, Plaid Shirt, Shorts, Keen Sandals, Swim Suit, Sunglasses

Fourth of July Festiveness without being TOO over-the-top

I have to say that we already have the Keen Sandals for Calvin and he LOVES them so much!
He hates to even take them off.
I love that they're sturdy enough for even the clumsiest toddler and I don't have to worry about him stubbing his toes or catching the sole on something, like I would if his toesies were exposed.
The only down side is that they make his feet stink!
I think stinky feet is just something I'm going to have to get used to. I'm pretty sure that generally most growing boys don't smell like roses.

No comments :

Post a Comment